Are your kids basketball enthusiasts looking to up their game? Look no further! In this article, we'll dive into the world of the best basketball shoes for kids. From Adidas to Nike, Under Armour to Jordan, we've compiled a list of top-notch options that will elevate your child's performance on the court. But first, let's explore why basketball shoes are a must-have for aspiring young athletes. Lace up and get ready to unlock your kid's potential!
11 Best Basketball Shoes For Kids
Basketball shoes can be specifically designed for girls or boys, although most shoes are unisex and can be worn comfortably by both.
1. Best Unisex: Nike Team Hustle D9 Grade School Basketball Shoes
Image: Nike These trusted shoes are specially crafted to combine style and functionality. Find out more about this product by watching this video. Reviewer Richard from the Zappos channel says, “The sneakers have a classic mid-top design. They're really lightweight and provide plenty of shock absorption and bounce back with every stride thanks to the EVA midsole.”
- The lightweight midsole makes them breathable and flexible.
- The generously sized shaft provides enhanced arch support when running.
- The rubber outsole offers good traction on different terrains.
- The hook-and-loop closure ensures a secure and personalized fit.
- Available in multiple sizes and colors.
- The shoes may not be suitable for narrow feet.
- The logo might fade with time.
Quick fact: There are 785 contract factories with over 1 million workers manufacturing more than 500,000 Nike shoes (1).
2. Best Comfortable: Adidas Originals Kids’ Pro Spark Basketball Shoe
The mid-top Adidas basketball shoes are durable and comfortable for a game of basketball. This video showcasing a reviewer’s experience will provide you with added insights about these breathable basketball shoes.
- The upper material of the shoe is made from a durable and breathable synthetic compound.
- The midsole has adequate cushioning to minimize the risk of injuries.
- The shoe is available in a variety of sizes and comes in six color options.
- A few parents found the shoes to be narrow, which may make them uncomfortable for children with wide feet.
3. Best For Sweaty Feet: Under Armour Kids’ Jet Basketball Shoe
Image: Under Armour These basketball shoes are designed for kids who often complain about sweaty feet. Take a look at this review video to learn more about the product and make an informed buying decision.
- The top of the shoe is made of mesh-like fabric and leather, providing adequate ventilation to the feet.
- The tongue flap of the shoe also has a mesh-like pattern on it, further improving ventilation and reducing sweating and odors.
- These lightweight basketball shoes are flexible, making them extremely comfortable during a basketball game.
- Some children found the shoe to be puffy and chunky, which was not to their liking.
Quick tip: Always go for a basketball shoe with a patterned traction sole as it helps absorb the stress while playing.
4. Best Flexible: Nike Kid’s Team Hustle D10 (GS) Basketball Shoe
Image: Nike Help improve your child’s game and boost their confidence by getting them Nike’s D10 basketball shoes that allow unrestricted movement on the court.
- The asymmetrical collar of the shoes provides an enhanced range of motion.
- They have strategically placed webbed lacing, making it easy to personalize the fit.
- The reinforced toe tip enhances the longevity of the shoes.
- The shoes have foam-padded underfoot and heel, making them highly flexible.
- Available in multiple colors and sizes.
- Some children might find the lacing complicated.
- The seams might seem slightly flimsy.
A few buyers felt that the quality and durability of the shoes could be better.
5. Best For Wide Feet: Adidas Kids’ Pro Model J Sneaker
Image: Adidas These shoes have the classic look of basketball shoes, along with the famous three stripes of Adidas.
- The shoe is made entirely of leather to provide the best levels of comfort and dexterity during a game of basketball.
- The outer rubber sole is designed with a pattern to provide maximum grip during a game.
- The shoes are available in multiple sizes and fits that you can choose based on the age of the child.
- A few buyers noticed that the shoe can run a bit wide and may feel a bit loose for children with narrow feet.
Did you know? Adidas' iconic stripes were originally placed on their sneakers for stability, not design.
6. Best Fashionable: WETIKE Kid’s Basketball Shoes
These high-top shoes provide the perfect mix of comfort and fashion. If you’re looking for the best basketball shoes for kids, let your child confidently flaunt this stylish pair.
- The outer rubber sole is lightweight and has an anti-slip texture on its base for maximum grip during the game.
- The midsole is well-cushioned to absorb impact during running and jumping.
- The body of the shoe is made of polyurethane and synthetic leather, providing the perfect amount of flexibility and durability.
- The shoes are available in multiple color options that appeal to young ones.
- Some parents expected better quality and durability for the price they paid.
7. Best Flexible: Littleplum Basketball Shoes for Boys
Littleplum shoes for boys are both stylish and utilitarian.
- These quality-tested basketball shoes for boys are made from a material that moves along with the feet, providing maximum flexibility during the game.
- The well-cushioned midsole protects the feet during jumps and bumps.
- The inner cloth lining is made from a material that prevents the multiplication of microbes, thus preventing odor due to sweat.
- A few buyers felt that the quality of the shoe's material could have been better.
8. Best For Everyday Wear: Adidas Unisex-Child D.o.n. Issue 3 Basketball Shoes
Image: Adidas Whether it's a regular walk, run, or an intense game of basketball, the Adidas D.o.n. Issue 3 shoes are suitable for it all.
Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches | Weight: 2.45 Pounds
- They have a flexible rubber sole and lightweight cushioning for enhanced movement.
- The durable rubber outsole provides a superior grip to prevent slipping.
- The sturdy upper keeps the shoes safe from everyday wear and tear.
- They are available in multiple colors and over 20 sizes.
- Some might find the fit tighter than expected.
9. Best For Stability: And1 Takeoff 3.0 Basketball Shoes
Image: And1 Designed for young athletes entering the world of basketball, the And1 Takeoff 3.0 basketball shoes are both functional and stylish.
- They have a lightweight EVA midsole and a durable tongue to maintain their shape.
- The multi-directional herringbone tread makes the shoes stable and skid-resistant.
- The molded back of the shoes provides additional support while running or jumping.
- The pull loop on the heel makes it easy to put on and take off the shoes.
- They are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The seams of the shoes might feel a little flimsy.
10. Best Shock-Absorbing: Dream Pairs Boys & Girls Basketball Shoes
How to Choose the Right Basketball Shoes for Kids?
When selecting basketball shoes for your child, there are several factors to consider.
- Fit Assessment: Refer to the manufacturer's size guide to ensure a proper fit. The shoes should be snug and comfortable, allowing for easy movement.
- Cushioning: Look for shoes with adequate cushioning to absorb impact and prevent strain on the feet.
- Breathability: Opt for shoes made of breathable materials like mesh to keep the feet cool, sweat-free, and odor-free.
- Durability: Consider the durability of the shoes to ensure they can withstand frequent use without breaking down.
- Grip: Check the sole's grip and traction to avoid slipping and falling during play. A slip-resistant sole made of sturdy material is ideal.
- Collar Height: The collar height, ranging from high-top to mid-top to low-top, depends on your child's position in the game. High-top collars provide extra support for players who dunk.
- Lace or Hook-and-Loop: Choose between laces and hook-and-loop fasteners based on your child's preference and level of play. Laces offer a snug fit, while hook-and-loop fasteners are more convenient.
- Material: Consider shoes made of leather or with leather components for stretchability and durability.
Why Wear Basketball Shoes?
Basketball shoes are designed specifically for the game and offer several benefits for young players:
- Adequate Ankle Support: Proper ankle support reduces the risk of injury when landing after jumping.
- Well-Cushioned Sole: The cushioning in basketball shoes helps absorb the impact of jumping and landing.
- Sufficient Grip: The grip provided by basketball shoes allows for quick changes in direction and prevents foot movement inside the shoe.
Adidas Kids Pro Spark
The Scoop: Adidas dominates this list, starting with the Kids Pro Spark, a popular choice for both parents and kids.
While adults may consider the appearance of sneakers, children often prioritize colors that match their favorite team or style. The Kids Pro Spark offers eleven color options, increasing the chances of approval from your child.
With excellent breathability and ventilation, this shoe keeps energetic kids comfortable even after the game. The midsole provides superior cushioning for fresh-feeling feet in the final quarter.
Nike Kids Team Hustle D8
The Scoop: Nike couldn't be left out of this list, and the Kids' Team Hustle D8 is a top choice for children.
Durability is a significant advantage of this shoe, ideal for kids who rapidly change shoe sizes. The leather upper ensures toughness and flexibility to withstand rigorous play.
The rubber outsole offers excellent traction, enabling quick direction changes during fast-paced games.
Under Armour Kids Jet (2019 Or Other Versions)
The Scoop: Under Armour's Kids Jet continues the brand's success in both adult and youth basketball shoes. This shoe stands out with its unique toe caps for added protection.
As coordination levels vary in children, the likelihood of bumped feet increases. The Kids Jet's toe caps provide impact resistance.
The mesh upper allows airflow, preventing unpleasant odors and maintaining freshness in the shoe.
Jordan Kids Retro III
The Scoop: Introduce your child to a timeless classic like the Jordan Kids Retro III and ignite interest in basketball history.
From a practical standpoint, Jordan shoes are a reliable choice. This pair provides significant ankle support, a key feature for novice players.
Although Air Jordans can be pricier, their quality and appeal make them worth the investment.
AND1 Kids Show Out Basketball Shoe
The Scoop: A surprise inclusion in this rundown is the AND1 Show Out basketball shoe. Despite its nostalgic past, this shoe delivers great performance and affordability.
The high-top design offers lightweight support for jumping and rebounding.
Keep in mind that the front area of the shoe may erode over time, making it suitable for temporary use if your child is expected to have a growth spurt.
Nike Kids KD 8
Nike Kids KD 8 The Nike Kids KD 8 features a flexible and strong single-layer Flyweave upper. It boasts a redesigned full-length Zoom Air unit for enhanced flexibility and bounce.
Check Price on Amazon
The Scoop: Kevin Durant's offensive prowess attracts many young players to basketball, so the Kids KD 8 allows them to embody his style on the court.
With high-quality traction and Nike's Flyweave technology, these shoes offer both performance and comfort.
For kids who value style, the Kids KD 8 is a popular choice.
Adidas D.O.N. Issue #3
The Scoop: The Adidas D.O.N. Issue #3 is gaining popularity along with Donovan Mitchell's career progression with the Cleveland Cavaliers. This shoe represents an improvement in Mitchell's line of shoes.
One notable feature is the shoe's responsiveness, providing an extra burst of speed during play.
Some players have experienced slipping in the heel area, which is something to consider.
In conclusion, when it comes to finding the perfect basketball shoes for your little athlete, it's all about comfort, support, and style. Whether they're dribbling down the court or shooting hoops with friends, the 11 best basketball shoes for kids mentioned in this article will surely take their game to the next level. From the classic designs of Adidas and Nike to the innovative features of Under Armour and Jordan, there is a shoe for every young player's needs. So lace up those sneakers and watch as your child dominates the court with confidence and style!